- Send me her best Tenuto score for the week!
- Tenuto: C – F Lesson high score: 19/24
- Work on assignments written in her Practice Journal, and log practice time each day she plays. Please also write an estimate of how many days she’s practiced altogether since we started so she gets credit for her hard work!
- Aim for 3-5 sessions this week, make sure to keep that great rounded hand shape.
- Make sure to order her Performance book. We will need Sightreading starting at page 36, so that could wait a week or two 📚
- Page 6 & 7 in Technique are solely focused on playing with round fingers. I highlighted the instructions, but the key is to play a little softer at first so we can focus on our hand shape and then increase in volume the next time to give our hands a chance to build strong muscles + good technique! 💪 We will be doing these exercises again next week but increasing the challenge. First, by memorizing the pattern, and next by playing both hands at the same time. Feel free to work on those this week if she masters her technique quickly.
- Page 9 in Theory is a songwriting exercise this week, and page 10 is a drumming/tapping exercise. Text me if the instructions for anything need clarification 📲
- Have fun! 🙂
Tips & Resources
- Remember to sit up straight and keep fingers curved while playing
- Please feel free to text me with any questions about her assignments, I’m happy to provide any additional guidance, including additional audio or video recordings 🎶
- Finger numbers and her Tenuto scores are both going really well!
- Keeping a rounded hand shape is also going really well! 👍 The next thing to work on will be having a flat wrist while still curving our fingers.
- ⭐️ Make sure to log practice days in her journal ⭐️ and sign at the end of the week! Each day is worth a star on her card, and counts as a point towards her prize box tallies (every 15 stars= prize). They also add up on our 100 days of Practice Chart. Aiming for the most days of practice that’s feasible for her schedule, even if they’re just 5-10 minute sessions 🙂
- She did an awesome job flying solo today, and I think her confidence will continue growing with time! ❤️
- I haven’t picked a date for our spring recital (probably May), but the theme will be “A Night at the Movies”. It’s never to early to start thinking about potential piece(s) that she is interested in learning!
- Due to COVID, in lieu of a traditional recital with 100+ attendees, we are doing a “virtual” performance. (I meet with students individually to record a video of their piece(s), and then edit a movie compilation of everyone’s performances).
- Some students opt to dress up for their recording, and I love to encourage their creativity!
- As we get further down the road, please let me know if there are questions I can answer, or anything I can do to help make Amelia’s recital piece a success!
Available Primer Level Pieces
- Do You Want to Build a Snowman (Frozen)
- I Just Can’t Wait to be King (Lion King)
- I See the Light (Tangled)
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (Mary Poppins)
- Part of Your World (Little Mermaid)
- Scooby Doo
- If I Only Had a Brain (Wizard of Oz)
- Oompa-Loompa-Doompadee-Doo (Willy Wonka)
- The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything (Veggie Tales)